Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Easter Everyone!

Happy Easter everyone! It made me really homesick to see the pictures my family sent of blossoms on the trees in Utah and of the family all gathered together. I looked everywhere in Doha for signs of spring. This flowering tree was the closest I could find to "popcorn popping."

This Easter was a little different for us because it isn't celebrated openly here and because Friday is our "Sunday." So, for the first time on Easter, I went out to eat...twice. I met some Qatari friends for lunch at the Diplomatic Club. They had an Easter Brunch. It wasn't very "Eastery" or "Brunchy"....all the food was Lebanese. They did have hardboiled colored eggs as an appetizer, but that was about it. It was really good though and it was fun to see friends. Jon and I went to dinner with Kaylene and Steve Murray (friends from the ward). We had a good time.

We are very grateful this Easter for the many blessing in our life. The past 4 months have made us realize how much we have to rejoice about.

No comments: