Sunday, September 3, 2006

Emily's first dive in the ocean

This weekend we went scuba diving on Saturday and Sunday. (The work week is usually Sunday through Thursday, but we had Sunday off because it is the National Holiday.) Jon has been diving with the club for a while, but I just finished my classes and pool sessions, so this was my first dive in the ocean. It was so much fun. I had a great time. I liked diving in the ocean MUCH better than the pool. It is a bit bizarre getting use to breathing underwater, but it is really cool too. We dove from the beach at a sight the club calls Old Club Reef. There is a manmade reef of old cars, busses, tires, and other random metal junk. El Nino wiped out most of the choral here, but it is starting to grow back. We saw angel fish and bat fish (see pictures) and a bunch of other fish I don’t know the names of. I held a sea urchin in my hand. I don’t particularly care for sea water in my eyes and mouth, but it wasn’t too bad overall. I am definately ready to do it again.

No comments: