Friday, June 15, 2007

Final Friday

Church this Friday was a bit sad. School is over and many of the families are going home for the summer. I thought it would be easy to leave Doha in August because many people would be gone and I wouldn't have to say as many goodbyes. The problem is that since everyone else leaves at different times, I am going to end up saying goodbye for 3 months! This week is when most people will leave. After church there were a lot of hugs, some tears, and many goodbyes. Many people have family in Utah and go there for at least part of the summer. (This is when they try to organize some YM/YW baptisms and ward temple trips.) After a while I felt like a modern version of that scene in Legacy where they cry and say "We will be together again in Zion!"

This has been an amazing ward. I really will be devastated to leave it. They have really been our family here. The Doha Ward of the Arabian Peninsula Stake is a great example of everything a ward should be. I am in awe of all the amazing and genuinely "good" people here. I will also really miss my Young Women. I have been working with the YW since right after we arrived. They are amazing girls and I have learned so much from them. I also have a new appreciate for the wonderful YW leaders I had growing up.

No comments: