Monday, October 16, 2006

Best Trip Ever--Day Eleven--Last Day

Highlights: We packed up our car early for our drive to Munich. We stopped on the way in Oberammergau, a cute little (touristy) German town. They have great Christmas stores (open all year round), but my favorite is the cemetery around the little church in town. When I was here in 1997 I took some of my favorite pictures here. It was fun to go back, find the same headstones and see how (almost) 10 years had changed them.


My mom's version of heaven: Christmas all year long!

After Oberammergau, we drove to Munich. The drive was beautiful--but we were in a hurry so all my shots were from the car window.

After checking in our bags at the airport (and returning the car), we took a train into town and just had time to take a bus tour around Munich.

This really was the best trip I have ever been on. Everything was perfect. It was great to just work on our own schedule and just do whatever we felt like that day. Thanks to Rick Steve's for helping us find places to stay and eat, not to mention save money by giving us self-guided tours.


No comments: