Saturday, October 14, 2006

Best Trip Ever--Day Nine

Highlights: We stayed two nights at the B&B with the cute German lady. I was coughing so much in the morning that she wouldn't let me leave without an extra coat she gave me. I had a pretty bad cough--but nothing was going to keep me from this trip. This day we toured both Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castles. Neuschwanstein castle was the home of mad King Ludwig--it is the one you have seen that looks like the Disneyland caste. Hohenschwangau was his father's. We were able to find a hot dog stand for Jon (he had been in withdrawal since leaving Vienna.)

We drove around the countryside to find a luge track (like the Alpine Slide in Park City), but they were all closed for the season. We found one place with sleds just sitting next to the shed. Jon wanted to grab them, hike up the mountain and slide down on our own. I didn't think it was a good idea. All Jon said on the way back to the car was, "Zane would have done it." I told him I didn't know if that was an argument in his favor ;)

We had dinner in Fussen and had a nice walk around the town and a lake.



No comments: